Yale HSA6400 wireless alarm problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

I have just fitted a Yale HSA6400 wireless alarm and it was pretty easy...until I put the PIRs up on the wall.

When I run the walk test it does not pick up any movement until I press the learn button on the PIR.

So, I deleted the devices and added them again and it worked fine. I then ran a walk test and it was fine.

Later that evening I ran the walk test and, surprise, surprise, it had reverted to its earlier state.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't believe it is the sleep mechanism as I wave an object across the front of it and still it detects nothing!

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Ensure you have not mounted your sensors too high. between 6 and 8 ft (in old money) is the reccomended height. Too high and they are less sensitive. If you have put them high (ie the ceiling level of a Victorian house) then try pointing them down a little. This will make them more sensitive.

If the sensors do go into sleep mode then they stay that way for 1 minute.
So if you have been moving about the rooms just prior to trying the walk test then they will not flash the red leds.

Have you rather than a walk test tried entering the rooms when the alarm is set to see if it activates?

Thanks for the prompt response.

You are right about the height. It is a Victorian property and I have placed them right up high in the corners of the room. I will attempt to angle them down slightly and let you know.

I have tried to trigger the activated alarm by walking past them but to no avail. Whether a walk test or full alarm is set, they do not go off until the small button on the front is pressed.

When I deleted and added them they did pick up the movement correctly but only for a short while before reverting to this state. It's almost like the sleep mode becomes unconscious mode!

Thanks for your help.

I think you will simply find it is the height of the sensors.
Rather than point them down which would decrease the range they can see it would probably be better to mount them lower.
I am 5'11 and I usually mount them at arms reach when standing on the floor. When covering a staircase landing though I angle them down a little to make sure they are more sensitive to people climbing the stairs.

Sponsored Links
HI,

I have just fitted a Yale HSA6400 wireless alarm and it was pretty easy...until I put the PIRs up on the wall.

When I run the walk test it does not pick up any movement until I press the learn button on the PIR.

So, I deleted the devices and added them again and it worked fine. I then ran a walk test and it was fine.

Later that evening I ran the walk test and, surprise, surprise, it had reverted to its earlier state.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't believe it is the sleep mechanism as I wave an object across the front of it and still it detects nothing!

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi. I think all the sensors have a gate period after activation during which they're off. I dunno if it's a minute or something. So the likelihood is that you've activated them, turned on the walk test, and expected them to be repeatedly activating immediately.

Try starting the walk test, waiting a minute, then walking through your house.

Neil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back