Yale HSA 6300

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted the system back in May and there have been no problems until now. On exit the system appears to arm, but on entry the door contact does not start the countdown period and nothing happens.

I've tried the walk test and the control panel doesn't respond to any of the detectors: 3 PIRs and one door contact. I've emailed Yale, but their customer service must rank as one of the worst, so I'm not expecting any response soon.

Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
This is the second such post on this site.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=250448

I recently also had an alarm I installed fail when the keyboard stopped accepting input after about 6 months use.
To be honest and it pains me to say so but I think Yale must have had a quality control issue with a batch of alarm panels from this period.

I would suggest you get a replacement.

I have had panels working for years without any problems.

Sponsored Links
I bought it from Homebase and they have told me they would exchange the control panel for me without any problem.

Yale themselves don't deserve any customer loyalty. They are completely useless when it comes to offering any support. They're still showing a consumer helpline number in their installation manuals that no longer offers support and emails are not answered for days and even then it doesn't seem to be a human that responds. Hopeless!

This is the second such post on this site.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=250448

I recently also had an alarm I installed fail when the keyboard stopped accepting input after about 6 months use.
To be honest and it pains me to say so but I think Yale must have had a quality control issue with a batch of alarm panels from this period.

I would suggest you get a replacement.

I have had panels working for years without any problems.

Funny then you made some comments about "pro kit" sometimes going wrong. How you could have assisted myself, :D
QC anywhere can go tits up, so not an attack. More of I told you so.
Seen the rise in Yale problems and enquiries recently?

Anyway, it happens.

You do give good advice, again not an attack.

Absolutely no offence taken. I tell things as they are straight down the line , I always have. I have had one panel failure which happened within the last few weeks. Up until then I was happy to report 100% reliability as I had never been called back to any harware problems by residents.
However the two recent posts by users with problems not fitting operational solutions and my own experience of a similarly aged product lead me to suspect a QC issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back