pls help Setting Off Optima(Chloride SS)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to witch off the main power in my flat to carry out some work but as I put the mains off the alarm goes off and I dont seem to be able to set the system off
Can anyone explain what to do this properly?

the only info I have from previous owners sheet of paper is
TO UNSET THE SYSTEM (Turn Off))
Enter your code (.......)
Enter the code will turn the alarm off and cause of the alarm will be displayed. Press reset to clear the indication

Many thanx!

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the external sounder goes off and you cannot silence it?

Time for a new battery.

dont think its the battery, anyhow it is a rechargable battery always connected never goes out :cry:

apparentley there is not an alternative than let it ring for 20 minutes :eek:

I remember having put the mains of in the past and this did not happen

Another "expert" I see.
It will be the battery, yes its rechargeable, for how long?
Some companies change at yr 3 some yr 5. Cells could become dry, plates buckle. The alarm monitors this and then tells you in its own unigue way.

You mention before, now it does something different................kind of a clue.

Your probably right I have only been in this industry for 26 years +. What would I know about alarm systems!!

Bet you tell me next you measured it and its at 12volts, did a discharge test as well did you?

You , Apparently all you like. My alarm works as do the several thousand I have fitted and look after.

Sponsored Links
To add you say your sounder went off for "20" mins.
That proves its age to me as the LAW now is 15 mins.

Hi Alarm thank you for the clue
I am not expert whatsoever I am just the owner of the flat and I was trying to change the fan extractor in the bathroom and wanted to put the mains off :oops: :oops: on top of it I am a woman does it explain my competence any better? :p

I will get a new battery for sure

I called up the company that installed the system and they told me that the only way I could switch the mains off without the outdoor bell ringinf was to get on the latter and take off the battery outside (which I didnt do)

So it did go off for 15 minutes but even though it was very annoying to my neighbours :oops: :oops: Not that loud, the one in the house is far worse

Let me know your valuable thoughts
Thank you

lol "its a rechargable battery"

As above really, time for a new battery

OP if your disconnecting the power and the system has no back-up, your external sounder thinks someones at it, and starts sounding.

Remember your sounders only running on battery so wont be as loud

lol "its a rechargable battery"

Mister make me laugh as well, why is it so funny?
I opened the thingy and there is a battery with wires
The only one I ever so before with on my child controlled toys :oops:

What are you doing to need the mains off?
Are you Part P registered or a qualified "sparks"

Certain works need a notification and a certificate issued.
Are you sure what you are doing because if you cannot work out an alarm battery has failed you should not be endangering yourself or others playing with voltages that can kill.

I have now called out the big guys for a service on the alarm
After 8 years I think it was time to do it :oops: :oops:
btw the bathroom fan has been replaced without any casualty
it wasnt me who did it of course :)
thanx for the support

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back