DA system Abacus 8R external bell box / siren problem

Alarm, thanks for your advice!

I had a look at the website and found the products you were referring to (which, yes, were very good value). I was just wondering if you knew what 'Grade 3' meant with regrads to the backplate and was just wondering if you thought this:

Pyronix Belle Backplate (£20.99)
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/...age=product_info&cPath=36_45&products_id=1930

and this
cover (£3.50)
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/...page=product_info&cPath=36_45&products_id=556

were better due to the fact that they're louder and twin piezo.

thanks your your continued advice.

Sponsored Links
G3 is a higher grade than G2.
Banks ect use G4 or high money properties. All down to a risk assesment really.

G1 = poop
G2 = Now its getting a bit serious.
G3 = Seriously serious.
G4 = The big daddy of protection.

Thats the simple condensed explanation.
Nothing wrong with the Pyronix kit, just like the Oddy 3e better.

Actually my fave is this http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/...page=product_info&cPath=36_45&products_id=934

You will see it costs more than a lot of alarm panels, in my book and many others it is a top item. Not much louder, not any brighter. Just quality.

Think Ford Mondeo to Aston Martin, then you`ll have an idea.

Thanks Alram.

I've been looking into these in a bit more detail.

I'll be installing the new unit myself: I'll power down the unit, remove the internal control battery and then (hopefully) remove the old unit and replace with this one.

I've noticed that some units (including the Odyssey 3E) have an 'Engineer Hold-off Mode'...would this be of any use to me seeing as I don't actually know the engineer code, or can I just install it the way I suggested above and not be bother with the 'Engineer Hold-off Mode'? Or should I specifically get a sounder with this feature?

Cheers.

Oh!

'Engineer's mode' is more relevant once the bell box has been installed (aparently!). So if the engineer's mode is selected, this feature allows one to open up the box without the alarm going off (or something like that!). Seeing as though I don't actually know the the engineer's code for my alarm, does this feature actually matter for me??? (or am I'm missing something else?!).

If this is all the feature provides, then I'm back to square one.

Texecome 3E grade 3: 109 dB single piezo, or,
Pyronix Belle: 118 dB twin piezo?

I understand that 'grade 3' means it's good quality/high spec, but I'm really drawn to the louder siren.

Any last words of wisdom beofre I place the order?

Sponsored Links
I like the Oddity 3E personally.
Neat and weatherproofed, good tampers.
Otherwise I`d go for the Rapier, but £157.00 tends to put people off.
Apart from 3 clients as they wanted the stainless steel cover.
It never tarnishe`s and is nice on the eye. Sound is defenitive too.

Eng hold off is for servicing.
Basically you trip the strobe a few times ( not telling how many :p) and it disables the SAB for servicing. You buy it the instructions are there.

Not for you to worry about TBH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back