Scantronic Alarm System Reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came to set the alarm in my office on Friday and the keypad (type 9930) was showing 'Lid Tamper' I noticed that the keypad cover was loose at the top right corner and so took it off and refixed it. The alarm went off when I did this, but I silenced it by entering the users code. Some contractors had been in and I suspect they may have nudged the keypad with their step ladders as I noticed that they leant them next to it. The alarm never sounded though.

Now, the display is asking for a Reset. However the users code will not reset it. I notice too that the spanner symbol is illuminated.

How do I reset this please? The alarm system was installed 3-4 years ago when the building was new. There isn't any paperwork left with it, or any name on the bell box. er sorry...sounder?

Also I've no idea where the main panel is. It's that well hidden, I've never found it, so I hope this doesn't matter.

Sponsored Links
Thats unlucky. Lid tamper is the control panel tamer.
Moving the keypad has given another tamper.

You need to clear both down, then try and reset with your code.
If your lucky your code will reset. If not as with most the tamper will need an engineer to reset.

Time to hunt down the main panel, ask the builders!

I have tried the user code several times without success. No idea who the builder was. The office is leased but, it is very cheap. In return, the agreement is we take care of all interior maintenance.

The original landlord went out of business and the premises were taken over by a consortium 18 months ago, they also have just called in the receiver, who are only interested in getting someone else to take the properties on.

I did want to have the alarm serviced, but I imagine the first question will be where is the panel?

There are five identical offices, built about 4 years ago. Besides ours, only one other is occupied, the others have been empty since construction. (no wonder the original owner went bust) I will go and see if the neighbours have any information.

The contractors I mentioned were carrying out a PIR for the site wiring, so 'Lid tamper' indicates they must have removed the lid to isolate the alarm during testing (if so, they will know where the panel is :D ). Maybe the alarm did go off and the cleaner reset it, as they did most of the testing after we had switched off our PC's and left for the day.

Meanwhile, if anyone can tell me how I can reset it, that would be most appreciated.

From the keypad number, the panel has been compromised. Hence the Tamper.
It will need all tampers cleared and probably an engineer reset.
Sounds like it could be a building owner issue, check the lease.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back