Ripped off by plumbing charges......please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Andy ...... I will try to get over it ...... It is my inheritance after all LOL
I will go and watch the Eurovision and cool off :)

Sponsored Links
Also have a think about whether you think because a plumber charges £69 an hour he MAKES £69 per hour - I wish I did!

Also have a think about whether you think because a plumber charges £69 an hour he MAKES £69 per hour - I wish I did!

You must admit that even less relevant expenses £69 an hour is excellent.

But its not £69 per hour is it? If it was anywhere near that, there would be alot of seriously wealthy plumbers around, most will take less than half of that home an hour before tax

Sponsored Links
Harsh Gasman and some of you. Would any of you willingly pay this for a fix? Hang on, second thoughts, if your elderly parent stumped this up would you be ****ed? Yes, quite probably...

I do understand expenses travelling etc. But my original question was regarding a single repair costing virtually £600.

Sue

... and you'll remember that the £69 per hour you paid wasn't what the plumber received, so that's okay then...

Yea, knowing how much profit Asda made last year I tried that at the checkout, pretty much told me to p*** off..... I also tried it at the Diesel pump when paying, I said hey, Iv'e just done a favour for an 89 year old guy, can you let me have the Diesel for nothing, pretty much the same reply,

In fact I get pretty much the same attitude from Gassafe, public liabilty, MOT, Service, van purchase, accountant, Environment Agency waste carriers licence, toolshop, insurance, clothing, PC world, college for compulsory exams, in fact every leech that has a hand in my wallet before I even turn the key in my van ignition, and then there is the buggers that just won't pay or weren't in, I tell them, hey I need you to pay so I can do an old person a favour, well sod me they aint interested, humpffff,

some people, what is the world coming to.

Well I just hope when you are 89 are deaf and can hardly walk that you won't mind getting ripped off.

I was referring to the fact that the general public think what a company charges is what the plumber is paid, not that an elderly relative paid a rather high bill

Harsh Gasman and some of you. Would any of you willingly pay this for a fix? Hang on, second thoughts, if your elderly parent stumped this up would you be p****d? Yes, quite probably...
I was only joking mate, chill out ffs

Thanks Andy ...... I will try to get over it ...... It is my inheritance after all LOL
I will go and watch the Eurovision and cool off :)

An there is me thinking you actually care about this poor "89 year old man"

look we do not all go around "ripping" people off an nor has the chap who done the work for the old guy, as he agreed on the hourly rate.

sue i do not think you have a leg to stand on if i was you in future get a fix price repair off Eon or British gas for £160 ish inc of parts an labour

good luck tho ;)

susiejb £69 an hour is about right we charge 60 and most firms round these ways i know charge up to 80+vat. just for showing up. and trust me i cover newquey and know what the cost are round these ways and were probably worse paid in this region than any other county. the boiler your on about could be a greenstar i junior which are a pig to work on. i understand your peed off. i would at that cost, but most cant see the job entailed. it basically customer v tradesman. least hes got hot water and heating thats the main thing at least.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back