Bird Mouth Fencing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Im attaching photos of bird mouth fencing at a retail park and on someones front garden. Please note that the upright bird mouth post is metal and galvanised. Can anyone please advise me where I can purchase these galvanised posts?

Thank you

Nomad1b

Sponsored Links
The obvious answer is "have you googled it?" well i just did and found nothing... :oops:

Is the traditional wooden post and metal "strap" approach not acceptable?

Or... get 'em made by your local blacksmith... they don't look too complicated to construct?

Knock on the door of the person who has it in their garden and ask?

Thank you briancbb for this!

Yes I did knock on the door and place an order with the 'blacksmith' - to be delivered in 4 weeks. Seven weeks later the posts were delivered, completely different style, too short and the wrong quantity.

I feel it must be possible to buy off the shelf and would like to exhaust this avenue before going down the blacksmith route again?!

Thanks again

Nomad1b

Sponsored Links
They might be hard to find as often these fences are put up with a timber post with birdsmouth cut out of it and then a strap bent over the top of post and rail and nailed in.

I imagine you have seen that though and are more keen on the metal posts but thought i'd mention in case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back