Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've never fitted a kitched before, nor done anything with mains electrics, but have just completed this, along with complete rewire,

DSCN4789-1.jpg

DSCN4786-1.jpg

im not doing the tiling, as you say, if if make a bad job, it will be in my face all the time. just done the kitchen and that what the one thing I paid for.

Sponsored Links
Hi mate, fantastic looking job on the kitchen. I am in the process of a similar task, fitting a en suite, with absolutely NO plumbing experience !! I am planning on using plastic piping though, seems so much easier than soldering !!! Good luck.

You said you havn't done any mains electrics before, but you rewired your kitchen !!! I don't wanna sound like the DIY police here, but you really shouldn't be touching the electrics without any experience, beyond fitting a plugtop fuse !!! There's a lot more to it than simply getting the correct coloured wires in the right place !!!

What electrical work do you have planned in the bathroom ?

As for tiling, I agree with whats already been said, a pro job, looks 100000% better than any DIY stab at it !! Having said that, I'm a tightwad and will be doing my own !!!! :LOL:

I take it all back! What a smashing kitchen.

You are a natural and I wish you all the best. :D

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the coments guys!

Clearhead - sorry to bring you the bad news clearhead. though a lot of people still swear by it and disagree with the idea that PVA is not a good idea. in future tho, go for the tilers primer ;) sure you'll be fine!

yeah clearhead, that is one job im not doing myself, paying a mate to do that. as said that is the finishing touch and if i get that wrong, its a waste of a lot of money and a good bathroom

B19NS - dont worry, i did my research first regarding the electrics and had it all checked off by a qualified electrician afterwards.

I have a lot of family all in the trade. so I get my advice and help from them usually. just I like to learn and have a good at things myself. im always unhappy with other peoples work! lol. "if you want a job going right, do it yourself!"

thanks bahco, i wouldn't say im a natural, it took me 6 months! lol

heres how it looked before I started, also stuck in the french doors

DSCN4340.jpg

DSCN4345.jpg

DSCN4341.jpg

Just wanted to say how nice that kitchen looks!
It looked good when I first saw it, but the before and after pics really show it off. Bet you're well proud - Only hope I do a decent job like this when I come to do mine soon.

Well done.

What an improvement, nice choice of kit. You hardly need tiles with an upstand like that, and the cooker in the middle of the room.

Thats sweet! and this is my first post here! so whats the tile backsplash plan going to be??

Nice job ! I`m on with a similar project myself . I`m glad you said it took 6 months - I`ll point that out to the mrs - :)

Amazing looking kitchen - you must be very proud of that.

This is the kind of thing I'm looking for inspiration for at the moment, hence me joining up today (and this is my first post - ahem).

Trev

Looks really nice. Did you plan it yourself. The worktop looks cool what material is it?

Looks great. Well done. Where did you purchase the kitchen and worktops from?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back