Response SL3 Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have chosen to fit a Response SL3 Wireless alarm in our small home. We have a gate round the side of the house to get the wheelie bin out etc, does anyone know of a wireless magnetic sensor I could put on the gate that would trigger the alarm if someone opened the gate?

Response dont list an outdoor one, and I didnt know if any other 868mhz ones would be compatable? :confused:

Thanks in advance folks!

Sponsored Links
Good luck, don't really know the reason for doing what you want but use one of the SL3 contacts that you have.

Over the years I've used numerous 'indoor' alarm items outside for one reason or another.

Before anyone jumps in saying how wrong this is, I'll explain, a little.

Never in a professional alarm system.

Now, providing that you take a little time and fully waterproof the 'electronic bit', the magnet will be ok, there should not be a problem, with water, that is.

Nothing wrong with pushing ideas about.

IP the thing and wey hey.

Or use a better wireless system :D
And protecting a bin???????????

Ha ha protecting the bins not quite what I meant!
I mean potential burglars could open the gate and have a look round the back. They could see into the garage window and also through the patio doors into our living room and eye up the telly etc.

Maybe over the top I dont know just a thought that's all!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back