Bell Box Cut Off Time & Control Panel Setting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got the Accenta Gen 4 with LCD keypad, I had a Reson8 Bell box connected for the past 3 years that suddenly started to smoke on a routine test.

I'm looking at a new Bell Box, and as its for a small building I would like to replace the reson8 with the Lynteck LY65-016-57 midas low profile bell box.

But the cut off time on the bell box is 3 mins or 20 mins, I would have liked it to be 5-10 minutes.

Basically if I have the control panel set to sound the siren on activation for 5 minutes or even 8 minutes, will the bell box stop sounding if the cut off time jumper is set to 3 minutes at 3 minutes? :?:

And if the jumper is set to 20 mins will the bell box keep sounding after the 5 minute control panel time? :?:

Or is this jumper setting of 3mins or 20 mins just for the self activating feature if the bell box became disconnected from the control panel. :?:

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Never used one, but looks like 3 or 20.

I would not go for one of them anyway.

You will find that it is a variable timer for anything between 3 & 20mins

Sponsored Links
The jumpers are for the cut off timer in event of the SAB being activated.
The sounder will run for the time dictated from the panel for run time.

Thank you for your replies.

I did wonder whether it would be for the SAB mode.

Decided I will go with that model as it is alot smaller than traditional bell boxes and ideal for a smaller building.

I would have replaced the reson8 with another, it had given 3 years of service, but after it failed to sound during a test and smoke started coming from inside the housing I had second thoughts.

Plus the manufacturer would not comment as it wasn't installed by a pro, even though it had been in good operation for all those years before failing.

As only I know it was installed correctly, the only reason I can think of for the failure was the amount of insect, spiders and insect debris that can accumilate behind the internally exposed PCB, and or the recent hot weather as it is constantly in direct sunlight.

Then a lot would fail.

It could be any of a few issues that caused this, over charging for one.
Have you checked this, or the trigger voltage being high.

Then a lot would fail.

It could be any of a few issues that caused this, over charging for one.
Have you checked this, or the trigger voltage being high.

Checked the trigger voltage and its fine, the part that started to heat up and smoke was a transformer and some sort of resistor?

Its an open circiut board, and on its reverse was a maze of cobwebs and insects.

Any ideas?

It sounds like the strobe high voltage generating circuit to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back