PCB Ferroli MF08FA.1 Domicompact F30B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

got a very weird problem with my Ferroli domicpmact f30B boiler.

Came down one morning with no hot water or heating and one of the smaller pipes to the secondary heat exchanger was leaking, ****ing water all over the inside of the boiler and the PCB.

Managed to get the leak fixed but it did get the PCB board wet and caused a few issues. I have managed to dry it out as much as I could and the hot water system now works etc. but when I turned the central heating on one of the resistors on the panel started to smoke and has now royally burned itself out.

Its very weird and only on the central heating side.

I would hate to have to spend over a lot of dosh on a new PCB does anyone have any ideas what it may be or have a spare of defunkt one I could proposition some resistors off to see if that helps.

Or if anyone has a spare they are willing to part with I am willing to part with my hard earned cash!!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You are reaping the benefit of owning a cheap and unreliable boiler.

If there is any gas related setting on the PCB then its not a DIY job to change it.

Most would advise replacing the boiler!

Tony

I would not say that!

The boiler has been pretty good since I had it installed. No real issues to think of. So its not that unreliable.

No the PCB does not seem to control anything gas related.

Cant afford to replace the boiler as I have a baby on the way especially as everything appears to be OK now just this little issue with the PCB.

Sponsored Links
Mad Vaux the PCB controls gas components on your boiler and associated safety devices. Might be best to leave it alone and either get a Gas Safe guy into do the repair or phone Ferroli and see if you can get a fixed price repair.

It's not not just a case of swopping over a PCB and away you go, there are safety checks to carry out once a new one has been fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back