Ferroli D30 - Grief

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have, for my sins, a Ferroli DOMIcompact F 30 D combi boiler which had been tripping the electrics a few months ago. When the hot water was turned off at the tap the RCD tripped (only when hot water was running, and when the tap was closed).

A leak was discovered inside and the PCB was changed as this may have been responsible - you could see watermarks on the PCB unit. This cured the problem for a few months, but it returned earlier today.

I'm on the verge of ditching the Ferroli but before I do, is it likely to be something in the electrics that an electrician may be more use than a plumber? The only reason i'm thinking that is down to the fact when the PCB was replaced, the problem was solved and I don't want to spend a fortune changing a boiler to find a similar problem happening.

There's no sign of leak or water under the boiler.

Sponsored Links
You never mentioned how old the boiler is,
unfortunately they are not the most reliable unit and you could end up spending a fortune keeping it running.

It could be the leak has returned, just because you don,t see water on surfaces don,t mean there,s not an internal leak.
Sounds like tripping electrics is a problem within the boiler.
At this point I would source a proper RGI who will use proper test equipment to find the problem rather than an engineer who will throw parts at the boiler in the hope it will cure the problem if you feel the boiler deserves a few more years.

Sponsored Links
Got a little bit weirder now. Happens only one tap, and even when you wiggle the tap it trips with no hot water flowing (but if flowing through other tap)

Mainly plastic pipe bar 5" up to the tap head for cold and hot which were touching it you wiggled tap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back