Ferroli domicondens he26c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Having some problems with my Ferroli domicondens he26c
The hot water works fine and so does the heating when you put the system on override. However now it's getting colder I have put the system on to the timer mode where the system should come on at set times. However the boiler keeps tripping out and fault A 02 flashes up with and boiler will not fire up for hot water or heating. Have to reset the boiler and it works again but problem persists on every set program.

Is this a timer problem or pcb problem?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony

Unsure we been moved in 12 months ago and it a relatively new boiler. But not under warranty as it was not registered with ferroli when it was installed and no instruction manual When we moved in.

Just don't want to spend £200 on new pcb if it just a timer fault.

Thanks

Well its not an obvious cause for the fault but of course there is one.

Unfortunately, those boilers are very unreliable and few engineers like working on them.

A fixed price repair from British Gas might be worthwhile. All I can say is that its obviously not something major as it can fire up and deliver heat.

A good engineer would be following the voltage from the switch to see if there is a high resistance contact somewhere. But not all engineers are very skilled at properly diagnosing faults and particularly not electronic ones.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I had a British gas engineer come and look at it, he said we need a new pcb. He removed the sensor wires and the connector from the pcb and when he put it back together another fault showed and nothing worked. He said it defiantly pcb. I took it apart after he left and reconnected it all and it worked ok but I only tested the heating on override and only found the timer issue no we need the boiler on now it cold.

I spoken to anther engineer and he said this model is poor and always has issues and prob better to get a new boiler.

Thanks for your comments Tony

Can you explain on what basis the BG engineer came and why he did not complete the repair?

Not having seen the boiler I would not jump to any conclusions!

I have a customer with one of these. It did not work and had a blank display. As it was summer I took my time at finding a new PCB and then it suddenly started working again!

Tony

Hi Tony

I did have emergency insurance, which covered a boiler breakdown. So called the. And they sent out bg engineer. He came straight and straight away said it was pcb. He come to the conclusion as when he took all connections off it and put them back on again a different fault code appeared.

He reported back to ins company and said I would here off them re costs and when it could be replaced. The cost was £479 but they said as the model of the boiler was so new no where stocked the pcb and they had to get it from ferroli which was going to take 7-10 days.

I was far from impressed at having to pay!! What was I paying my insurance for. I only covered for the first £300, also having to wait for the part. So I cancelled my policy and advised the. I would do it myself

Well as I already said I disconnected the pcb and put it back on and it appeared to be working again

That was until I put it back on timed mode.

I spoke to a plumber today and he said it more than likely the clock as we still have hot water and the problem with the timer.

New clock purchased but now still have hot water but can't even get rads on even using override.

No faults showing and no external thermostat

Bled all rads too

Any thoughts

A plumber?

I wonder how much a typical plumber knows about electronics?

Would he know how to test a timeclock?

Is he going to pay for the unrequired clock that you bought on the basis of his faulted advice?

Tony

Hi Tony.

Agree with what you say, so Seems like the pcb now, prob a relay stuck or something.

Now do I spend £200++ on a new pcb or buy a new boiler!!

I would not assume a PCB unless I had tested all the cabling relevant to the fault.

But it could easily be the PCB. So many touching the boiler I would always carefully check that all the PCB plugs are properly located and no bent pins etc.

Most would say cut your losses and get a new reliable boiler.

Tony

Problem is now there no fault codes, hot water works fine but boiler will not come on for the heating at all. It not even trying to start up.

Manual is here:
http://www.ferroli.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2012/09/DOMIcondens-HE-26c-Manual.pdf

A02 means that the boiler believes that there is a flame present with the burner off, and gives the choice of a gas related fault or the PCB in the troubleshooting options.

Refurbed PCBs are available for £80 on a swap basis:
http://www.allsparesdirect.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_231_51&products_id=5060

Alternatively, £170 new:
http://www.theheatxchange.co.uk/sku_FER39841331.html

I believe the PCB requires gas settings, so not a straight swap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back