Ferroli domicondens he26c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having some problems with my Ferroli domicondens he26c
Theboiler keeps tripping out and fault A 02 flashes up with and boiler will not fire up for hot water or heating. Have to reset the boiler and it works for about 5 minutes.

I have watched what happens, boiler fires up. Works for about 5 minutes then goes to a code D2 then fails to reignite.

It's on Eco mode and does not matter if it on programmed timer or override it still trips out.

I have had this problem before and by putting the system on to Eco mode sort of resolved the issue. It would still trip out bit not as often. I have noticed The problems occur following a power cut. Would that cause the system to play up?

Any suggestions would be greatly

Sponsored Links
Sorry not the reply you wanted but this boiler is a pile of absolute crap, it sounds like you have a PCB problem but without seeing the boiler I cant be sure, why not try for a BG fixed price repair, I wouldnt deal with ferolli they will rip you off any chance they get

Thanks ianmcd.

I am fully aware of how crap this boiler is. I priced up a pcb for this boiler and it £180 +vat. So don't really want to spend that amount if it still don't resolve the problem.

Might be worth saving up for a new boiler than waste £180 on this crap boiler.

Thanks for your advice though. May give BG a call to see how much they would charge.

Sponsored Links
Have just found if I put the boiler on override it works and has not tripped out in the last 3 hours. Where as on timed or permanently on it trips out every 5 minutes

what do you mean by override as opposed to permanently on ? do you mean you are entering the engineer override control function ?

I press the override button on the clock. You can have it on timed, permanently on & there a override function. If you put it on timed it cuts out after 5 minutes. If you press the menu button so it's 'on' permanently again it cuts out after 5minutes but if I select override it stays on much longer before tripping out.

Could the be a high temp stat not working as it would appear that once it gets to hot it cuts out and can not reignite.

Thanks for your help so far.

Hi Neil if you feel comfortable enough doing it you should look at the programming section in your boiler manual, these boilers come set at max output and are supposed to be set by your installer when it is fitted but to be honest very few actually do this, if you have had problems since it was fitted then this could be your problem but if it is a recent thing then as said previously I would suspect the PCB but would get a BG fixed price repair it will be cheaper but they will probably **** about a bit before you are sorted

What shall I adjust them to. Instructions say min 0 max 100. Would 80 be ok? Or is that still to high?

Thanks again

Well I brought a new pcb. Put it in set the boiler to come in on timed and it seemed to be working perfectly. That was until I put the boiler cover back on. Then within 5 minutes it had tripped out to A02 again.

Took boiler cover off reset boiler and worked fine again. So put cover back on and it tripped out again.

It appears that with the cover on it getting to hot.

Any suggestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back