Ferroli domicondens he26c

Thanks Leezer. Those links are very useful.

I called the local boilere spare store today. They advised me that it was a simple unplug and reconnect process. They never mentioned anything about amending settings!!

I had a look at the pcb. And I no electrician or heating engineer but there don't appear anything that can be adjusted on it, just capacitors and resistors and relay.

I will give the heat exchange a call in the morning. They not too far away.

Appreciate your help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Leezer. Finally got it working again. Thanks got your link to the instructions.

I looked at the clock wiring diagram and noticed that the room thermostat wiring block needed to be a closed circuit. Well when I took the old clock off today I noticed that there were 2 wires connected to the block so I traced the wire and the wire was just coiled up on top of the cupboard with the 2 wires connected together and bare. (Persuming at some point there was a theremostat) So I thought they had prob caused the clock to short so disconnected it.

Just bridged the connection and boiler fired up. And I have heating again.

So tomoz gonna go out and buy a room thermostat and connect it up. Any recommendations on what one to buy.

You have saved me ££££. I really appreciate it.

And Tony the plumber was right after all!!! It must have been the clock. If I had not messed with the wires and just changed the click it would have worked

Thanks both

There's a microprocessor in the PCB, so a tad more complicated than just relays.
As Agile says, PCBs with gas settings aren't a DIY job.

If you've got the bits that came with the boiler, then there should be a link block that plugs into the clock and bridges it if you're not using a room thermostat. As you've discovered, the clock needs a connection on these two wires to call for heat.

The clock on this is the spawn of the devil. Impossible to program right and illogical settings layout. Manual for this if you want it:
http://www.ferroli.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/brochures/Timer-HE-013001X0-Instructions.pdf

My optimism about being fixed may have been short lived.

The heating went off in the night and fault A 02 back. Pressed reset boile reset and fired up again for about 15 minutes and tripped again showing A 02 so pressed reset and code D04 this time.

So I got over the boiler not firing up issue but now back to original fault.

Any ideas, or is this the pcb that causing the issues.

Sponsored Links
Could it be the boiler overheating?

I turned the heating up yday. To 59 degrees and last night once I got it reset it cut off on code A 02.

Since probs this morning I turned boiler back down to 48 degrees and boiler been on for about half an hour and working fine. So is there a sensor or something that could be faulty causing this to trip out

Any thoughts.

I had the same problem on ferroli he26c which is less than a year old.
I changed the ignition cable and reset the clock( over riding the programme). The boiler started working now.

Baldev

Thanks Baldev

I have put the program on to Eco and it been working ok since then but every now and then it trips out with fault A02 so have to reset it and it works again.

So by changing ignition cable stopped your A02 fault? I already changed the clock so know that working.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back