SL Compact Exit Timer Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've inherrited an SL compact alarm when moving home. I have the alarms codes for the engineer and both the user, but not the engineer manual. I've tried the ADE G3 install manual which seems to be similiar, but some of the program options do not work.

The alarm was working fine, until I changed the user code. When exiting the house the alarm system will not set correctly and the exit tone is continous and doesn't go off. If I use the quick set option it works fine and the alarm sets and on entry the tone begins again. The quick set only give you 5 seconds to get out.

I want to re-program zone 1 and reset the exit time, but I cannot with the similar install manuals I have. Does anyone have the correct install manual for the SL Compact?

Sponsored Links
HI I HAVE A SL8 USER MANUAL AND THE EXIT TIME CAN BE SET BY PUTTING THE ENGINEER CODE IN AND PRESS No 1== ZONE 1+2 SHOULD BE LIT AND YOU CAN ALTER THE EXIT TIME SO IF YOU WANT 10 SECONDS PRESS 01 IF YOU WANT 20 SECONDS PRESS 02 OR 30 SECONDS PRESS 03 AND SO ON [/img]

I've looked on ukpanels.com for the manual and as far as I can tell the user SL8 user manual is available, but not the installation manual. It doesn't mention anything about exiting timers etc. I thought SL8 was the correct manual, but I may be wrong. What is the correct installation manual?

cjrboat thanks for your suggestion, which I have tried and has worked fine. Do you have a copy of the manual in electronic form? If not can you tell me what the installation manual is. (SL8 User manual) on the web I've found only has four pages. No mention of programming etc.

Thanks.

I have also inhereted a SL compact alarm and would like to know if I could be cheeky and also ask for the manuals.

Sponsored Links
Hi I have just bought a house with an SL compact alarm and was wondering whether you could send me the manuals for this please

Thanking you in advance

I purchased a new house 8 years ago with a Compact SL Alarm. It came with a User Manual.
We have, until now, had no problems with the alarm.

Recently, however, we have had a number of power cuts. On each occasion this has caused the alarm to go off. I sense the problem is the battery back-up needing replacement.

Could some-one please point me in the direction of an engineering manual that would help me fault find and fix this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas6880

Have both user and engineer manual if anyone needs help

Kev

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=206596#ixzz1cY0UYw00

Hi

A bulb blew in my house last night and the fuse tripped resulting in the alarm going off. I couldn't reset it and eventually had to get a friend to dismantle the batteries from the panel and the outside box. I need a new battery for the panel but I can't find the manual for any resets. Can you please help me out. It is a SL Compact which has been fitted in my house since April 03.

Thanks

Elaine

It sounds to me like youve had a software crash, ive had a few, the system needs the nvm clearing and then reprogramming

Kev

It sounds to me like youve had a software crash, ive had a few, the system needs the nvm clearing and then reprogramming

Kev

Thanks Kev, my friend was an installer with ADT a few years back so he's getting me a battery and will fit it and do the bits of programming but I can't find the manual. I've downloaded one for the Accenta Ideal that looks exactly like it. Do you know if this is enough information for him to reset everything. It is the user manual. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Elaine :)

Hi kevhky,

I've been living in my home now for 5 years with an SL Compact alarm system that has never been able to be used. I just leave it with teh fuse pulled out!

If you have the engineer manual, will that allow me to reset the system so that I can program in my own codes.

Many thanks

Simon

ps. I had a look 'under the lid' of my main alarm unit and it is numbered 1 through to 8 (see pic below) with no mention of a 17 as per the picture in your previous post... I must add that I'm no Mr. DIY here so thank you and apologies in advance for any 'daftness'

Cheers

Simon

View media item 44883

Hi Simon

Yes you will be able to get your alarm up and running no problem at all

Any ideas why its been disconnected for 5 years

Any help you need just let me know

Kev

Thank you most kindly indeed! It'll be peace of mind once it's up and running!

I disconnected it due to the fact it was continuosly going off when the main trip switch went. So I resorted to pulling the fuse out and leaving it dead.

A kind person on here is sending me a manual I believe so I shall see how I get on.

Is the resetting thing that you posted for a different model than the one that I have?

Thanks again...!

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back