Any big difference between floor and wall Kingspan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quickie, is there any big difference between floor and wall Kingspan? In other words could I use the wall stuff to on top of concrete (DPM first), then 18mm ply sheets, then tiles?

I know the floor stuff is supposed to be a bit more crush resistant or something so thought I best ask. I have some wall insulation left over that I could use if it's any good under ply sheeting.

Sponsored Links
From my knowlage, Kingspan TP10, TW55 and TF70 are all actually exactly the same board.

Wonder why they give em different names then? Reckon Ill just use the stuff I've got then.

Cheers!

Sorry to dredge this old topic up again, but if you're still around glock339, I was wondering how your new floor's holding up if you used the wall insulation under your floor in the end?

Been pricing up insulation today , and kingspan TP10 for pitched roofs seems cheaper than any other PIR boards, yet appears to have almost identical specs to the stuff designed for walls and floors, so I'm wondering if it'll be suitable to use for those purposes.

I want to do the job properly and don't want to end up with a sinking floor for the sake of saving about £50, so I'd really appreciate it if someone who has experience with this sort of thing could give me a yay or a nay. Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Your floor won't sink, the load displacement means that you would need either several tonnes over a large area or a concentrated point load.

It could be that the floor stuff has a lower risk of deterioration or summat.

Can't really help much I'm afraid, I did use the wall Kingspan but a few of my mates who are bathroom fitters & tilers told me they wouldn't tile onto that kind of floating floor. So in the end I bottled it & laid down timber bats the same thickness as the Kingspan every 350mm. This meant drilling through the plastic DPM sheet ontop of the concrete deck to secure the bats which isn't ideal. I liberally squirted silicone into & around every one of the holes which was a complete ball ache. Then the 18mm ply was screwed into the bats & all seems solid. Sorry cant be more help mate.

Yeh between the bats, plus the small amount offered by the marmox boards ontop of the Ply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back