Camcorder battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an old camcorder battery (7.6V)which I want to use to power my bike lighting system. I do not have a charger for it and I want to charge it using an old remote control car battery charger which gives me 9V. The problem I have is that I am not sure which connectors to use (see picture).
There is a + and a - at either side of the battery and then close together there is an s+ and s-. I am guessing s+ and s- are the input and the extreme connectors are the output. I am correct?
View media item 49440

Sponsored Links
I rather doubt it. I suspect that + and - are the connections for the current supply from the intelligent charger and S terminals are for "sense" connections, enabling the amount of current to be controlled. You can't use any old box with "charger" printed on it, unless you enjoy explosions.

I would recycle the battery and buy one specifically for the job.

the other point is, the remote control car charger is likly to be for Ni-Cad, or NIMh batteries.
The one in your pic is Li-ion, DO NOT attempt to recharge Li-ion batteries with anything other than the proper Li-ion charger.

Sponsored Links
Because the charging method is very different and could cause the battery to explode.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back