Easi-fill to level before tiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm ready to start tiling my shower enclosure, the area has been tanked with a paint on membrane, but the wall is noticeably uneven, with significant bulges and dips, up to around an inch out in places.

I don't mind if the tiles don't look perfect, but I at least want to do an acceptable job, so I was wondering if I will need to level the wall before tiling rather than just applying varying thicknesses of tile adhesive as I go to try to level out the worst bits?

Would easi-fill on top of the tanking membrane and behind the tiles be stable enough, or might that lead to problems down the line?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links
anything that needs an inch of building up really needs re-boarding. re-fit it with a backerboard instead

Thanks for the reply, not an option due to several constraints unfortunately, so really it's between tiling straight onto the uneven wall and accepting the fact that it's not going to look great, or filling in the low points before tiling onto it. Looks like I'll just have to go ahead with it and hope the tiles don't all fall off a few months down the line!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back