Worcester Greenstar SI30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem is no hot water, CH is fine. The property has stood empty for about three months during the summer, it's a new purchase, so not sure of any history or any previous problems with the boiler.
The boiler sounds like it is trying but just a very small amount of hot water when tap first opened, then stone cold.
What could be the issue?

Sponsored Links
Greenstar 30 si ? flow turbine is probably stuck or knackered, there is a test you can do to check if its working in the manufacturers instructions.

im with comp, turn power off then back on and see if the "stepper" or div valve on the r/h/s/ goes up and down and tests itsself.

if it doesn t pop it out then turn power off and on then replace.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your help, it is very much appreciated. The property has recently been purchased by my niece. I am not a gas engineer but do have some plumbing qualification. I assume as this is for a family member (and unpaid work) that it would be acceptable for me to replace the valve.
Looking at the installation manual, the valve is sited on the right side, I assume correctly I hope, that replacing the valve would require the boiler to be electrically isolated and the cold water inlet to be closed. Would it then be okay to proceed with replacement or should the boiler be drained down?
Is there anything I should be cautious of?

When a property is sold, unless specifically stated that the heating is not working, then its the sellers responsibility to ensure that it is and the pay for subsequent repairs if not.

Tony

When a property is sold, unless specifically stated that the heating is not working, then its the sellers responsibility to ensure that it is and the pay for subsequent repairs if not.
That is question I shall ask, but the heating does work, it is the hot water that doesn't. Would the same rules apply to HW?

Yes, but even more so perhaps, as a property without hot water is considered unfit for human habitation!

Presumably your niece is a human!

Presumably your niece is a human!
I have a couple of nieces where clarification would be required, but on this occasion, a very pleasant member of the race.

I will speak to my sister (niece's mother), whether there was any mention or documentation regarding the boiler fault prior to purchase, thank you again for this valued information.

The hot water has strangely started work again, without anything being done, could it be possible that something was temporally stuck?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back