What Do I Need Here....?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I have a pre-plumbed mains fed shower which literally needs connected to a shower head and I need to know what connections I need?

I have the appropriate shower head and am looking to run two chrome pipes down the wall into it. Can anyone judge by the photos and tell me what I may need to complete this job myself? I'm competent enough to carry it out.....I hope :)

344p3xf.jpg

Sponsored Links
Where's the shower do you already have it ?

What you need is a bar mixer with exposed pipework connections

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I already have one of them but what I am wanting to know is what connections do I need to connect the chrome pipes to the shutoff valves coming from the ceiling?

Here is the shower

egvng9.jpg

Make sure you drive the wallplugs through the tiles when you have drilled or you will be replacing tiles.

Sponsored Links
They're just compression fittings. If the nuts and olives are already there then its just a case of sticking your pipe in and tightening them up.

PS: Would you lot say it's a wet room?

Might be depending on your plumbing skills ;)
Mark where you want to drill, tap a screw with a hammer to knock the glaze off the tile and use a masonary bit, don't use hammer until you're through the tile then you can use the hammer action,

They're just compression fittings. If the nuts and olives are already there then its just a case of sticking your pipe in and tightening them up.

Cheers Rob just as I thought. Upon checking I have all the parts for the shower I am missing the two chrome nuts that tighten the pipes into the shower head as per picture. How hard or easy will it be to find replacements?

9kcpdj.jpg

PS: Would you lot say it's a wet room?

Might be depending on your plumbing skills ;)
Mark where you want to drill, tap a screw with a hammer to knock the glaze off the tile and use a masonary bit, don't use hammer until you're through the tile then you can use the hammer action,

Thanks mate. I watched a plumber doing it before and he marked the tile then stuck a bit of cello tape over the mark and drilled through it that way. Not sure why but it worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back