Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not that good on computers and dont understand all the lingo,
I basically use it to check bank and e-bay, but lately it is freezing up and takeing ages for a screen to appear i keep have to press f5 refresh. sometimes my provider wont log on (wanadoo) and aload of writing appears.
The only different thing i have done lately is put a new security programme on f-secure. And i also defragged the computer as someone said it would speed it up
please help me it takes ages to get on a site now
Wanadoo will also not send any e-mails for me

Sponsored Links
Have you run anti-virus and anti-spyware programs recently?

Which version of Windows are you on?

If you look at Task Manager (press Alt-Ctrl-Delete" ONCE, it will show you a list of what's running. Does it show anything you aren't expecting?

BTW if you pull down jokes, games and humorous/smutty execs from the net, they often bring unwanted detritus without telling you.

Do you have a dial-up connection, and is it still connecting to the ISP number you told it (not to some premium-rate or foreign number)?

If you haven't already got ad-aware, download and run it TODAY. You can find it on www.lavasoft.de (look for Downloads, the free personal version of ad-aware, or try the "Download Now" "Free Download" on http://www.download.com/3405-8022-5153545.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

i am on windows xp and wanadoo broadband it just keeps freezing the [page and the w in the right hand corner just sticks and i have to press refresh for it to start again i have recently added f-secure system

Sponsored Links
(edited - our posts crossed)

OK, sometimes I find it won't appear if something is busy/not responding.

If the syst is running (reasonably) OK then alt/ctrl/delete (Press and hold Alt and CTRL, then tap "delete" will bring them up. Have another go, if no success, see if it works just after a restart.

Do you find restart helps?

p.s. if you have several windows open, ALT-TAB should take you to another window - see if the other one is unfrozen

(press and hold "ALT", tap "TAB")

If I understand correctly, these probems started after installing f-secure? in which case my first suggestion would be to uninstall it and see what happens.

I gat it up this time under applications it has this site thats all if i click on processes loads of diff sites appear

Have you run AdAware?

What is your antivirus?

I don't know f-secure, what does it do?

Sponsored Links
Back