Bosch WFL2066 washing machine motor failed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

This morning our 10 years old Bosch "Classixx 1000 Express" failed. It fills and it drains correctly but the drum simply does not turn over. You can hear a relay "click" of some kind which is consistent with the motor control, but no rotation at all.

There were no smells or smoke associated with the failure....though it happened when the machine was grossly overloaded by my daughter...it is entirely possible something got too hot.

I have taken the lid off and inspected the motor from underneath. No sign of anything amiss anywhere. I can't find any "resets" to reset or fuses to check.

My instinct is that machine is borked beyond economical repair............unless somebody can suggest additional diagnosis!

David

Sponsored Links
Do check the brushes - on these motors its the brushes that produce the spin.
They'll be either clipped into the motor body or be held wit a small screw or two.
John :)

They'll be either clipped into the motor body or be held wit a small screw or two.

Thanks. Looking promising because the brushes are virtually exhausted... one has clearly not been in proper contact with the armature. Will try to locate a trade counter with some today....otherwise eBay and dirty clothes for a few days.

Sponsored Links

Sorted.

That was easy.

Monkey off my back and brownie points in bank. Thanks again Burnerman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back