What the best accounting software for a gas engineer

Sponsored Links
I use an Excel Spreadsheet, one long page for Income, all the details, amount, method of payment (Cash/Cheque/Visa/Paypal/BACS etc), Job address, invoice number etc.
Another long one for expenditure inc VAT elements.

Use ∑ to total columns, copy & paste for quarterly VAT return, and eMail entire workbook to an accountant for him to prepare for Inland Revenue etc.

Not foolproof, you need discipline to physically stick each receipt onto paper for filing & input on a daily/wekly basis.

This would not work for a LTD though, I am sole trader. Whatever you do, keep ALL records for minimum of 7 years. (I have multiple backups onto hard drives/cloud storage etc in case of calamity (house fires anyone?) plus lots of filing cabinets strewn around the house.

DH

I use an Excel Spreadsheet, one long page for Income, all the details, amount, method of payment (Cash/Cheque/Visa/Paypal/BACS etc), Job address, invoice number etc.
Another long one for expenditure inc VAT elements.

Use ∑ to total columns, copy & paste for quarterly VAT return, and eMail entire workbook to an accountant for him to prepare for Inland Revenue etc.

Not foolproof, you need discipline to physically stick each receipt onto paper for filing & input on a daily/wekly basis.

This would not work for a LTD though, I am sole trader. Whatever you do, keep ALL records for minimum of 7 years. (I have multiple backups onto hard drives/cloud storage etc in case of calamity (house fires anyone?) plus lots of filing cabinets strewn around the house.
Hi that's what I use at this moment but need something better than that,good idea though
DH

I use Microsoft Works Word Processor for invoices and a Nike shoebox for receipts ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi I downloaded freeagent software and it's great and I still use a shoe box lol ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back