setting up a company - registered address

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help. I want to set up a company - maybe Ltd or sole trader. Not sure of best route yet.

What I need to know is can i set this up with an accountants and have the address thats registered at companies house as the accountants?
Im renting at the moment and due to move in 4 - 6 weeks to a permanent .

Im not trying to avoid any tax or anything like that - I just dont want to put an address down that i wont be at.

thank you

Sponsored Links
Yes, obviously with their agreement..
And their price ;) Accountants charge, of course, for being your registered office. All official papers will be send to them and forwarded to your actual address = hence the costs

sarah19821";p="2132551 said:
Hi hope someone can help. I want to set up a company - maybe Ltd or sole trader. Not sure of best route yet.

What I need to know is can i set this up with an accountants and have the address thats registered at companies house as the accountants?
sarah19821";p="2132551 said:
A "company", by definition can not be a "sole trader", and both have different requirements, but for the purpose of your query that may be semantics.

Setting up an at which you can be contacted wil be an issue, as you are moving, but do you not have a relative or friend who would be happy to allow you to use their adress. The reason I mention this is 2 fold. First, I assume the accoutant will charge heavily for the service, and secondly - unless the accountant is around the corner, there wil be a delay for you tom get your mail. In the early stage of setting up, this may be critical.

This idea may not be practical, depending on the nature of the business ;)

Good luck

Sponsored Links
You forget that being a registered office brings certain responsibilities with it - would any friend/family be willing to take this on without any knowledge?

As for hefty fees - £ 75 - £ 95 annual is normal

Back