Company fraud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the radio innocent people finding out that a company has been set up at there address

Street in Oldham every prop in the street has had a company registered at there address on the same day

Some people named as directors as well

Bloke on the radio said last week 9000 companies were set up with company house 2000 (at least) are probably fraudulent

And there is nowt you can do to protect yer self

Companies house are useless

Sponsored Links
There’s someone round near us on the way to the station that puts traffic cones across their drive as someone used their address on a company called Parkonmydrive.com and took money off of people to park on their drive. They kept coming home and seeing strange cars parked on their drive.

Last edited:
This happened to us, about 6 companies set up. Contacted compaines house and action fraud but no one said they could do anything about it. Nothing further ever came from it but its there in the back of my mind...

On the radio innocent people finding out that a company has been set up at there address
Street in Oldham every prop in the street has had a company registered at there address on the same day
Some people named as directors as well
Bloke on the radio said last week 9000 companies were set up with company house 2000 (at least) are probably fraudulent
And there is nowt you can do to protect yer self
Companies house are useless
Okay you wouldn't want innocent property owners to be put at risk, however you think a process could be put in place whereby if someone tries to register a company at 1 The Avenue, Townsville, then Companies House (or whoever it should be) write to that property asking them to confirm they are indeed registering a business.

Sponsored Links
Okay you wouldn't want innocent property owners to be put at risk, however you think a process could be put in place whereby if someone tries to register a company at 1 The Avenue, Townsville, then Companies House (or whoever it should be) write to that property asking them to confirm they are indeed registering a business.

You would have thought so

the entire process is a complete shambles at company house

People have even been named as directors of a company they no nowt about

Perhaps some in here should check with company house to see if a bussiness or company has been reg at there address that they no nowt about ???

This happened to us, about 6 companies set up. Contacted compaines house and action fraud but no one said they could do anything about it. Nothing further ever came from it but its there in the back of my mind...

That’s the problem unless you some how take it to court at a cost of several hundred quid

Total shambles

There is guidance on the company house website which shows which form to use. No need to go to court, but you do have the faff of getting the address changed.

There is guidance on the company house website which shows which form to use. No need to go to court, but you do have the faff of getting the address changed.

They spoke about this form on the radio

Several people attempted it and lost the will to live

Useless set up and does not appear to work or make any difference what’s so ever ???
Sounds stupid but
It basically revolves around who set up the company in the first place and it’s obviously not the home owner ??

Guys, spookily enough given this topic, I've just received an email from a multi-billionaire Prince Abdulla based in Saudi. He needs to set up a UK business but has no contacts here. He's offered me £20 million to use my address. All I need do, purely to prove I'm legitimate, is send him £250 which I'll get back when the process is complete.

There's no flies on me! I've replied and made the bank transfer.

Sponsored Links
Back