2nd had upvc porch doesn't quite fit!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I managed ot pick up a 2nd hand uvpc porch recently at a great price and its only a few years old.

However, the dimensions aren't quite right so Im looking for some solutions to making it fit.

Width wise its a simple case of a knock on either end that shouldn't be much of a problem. However height wise i'm probably 200mm short from the level of the existing damp course to the flat roof canopy.

This is what I'm dealing with:

My first thought was an extra course of bricks...but I'm sure there are other ways!!

Sponsored Links
As said, Fit the frames and build an infill with 3x2, Then clad it in PVC

my thought would be to set the porch at the same height to give a level floor or a 1/2 or 1/3 lower than the floor all dependant on what is practical and convenient

in other words enter the porch level to the house or at half the height off the house floor level
or 1/3 the house floor then a step half size between porch and house floor

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advice guys!

I've finally got around to building the foundations; put a single course of face bricks on top of the DPC today so that I can infill the slab to bring it level with the back door.

I remeasured and Im 2300mm short at the top.

Whats the best way of fixing the frame to the existing brick work?

I'm thinking 3x2 infill would be the most straighforward (and cheapest) option. Someone recommended getting two top lights made to fix to the porch as to make up the difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back