Loooooooong broom handle

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have a car port with polycarb roof. It got very dirty and would not hose clean. I was able to clean most of it by hosing while leaning over and brushing it with a soft bristled broom. However it is over 6 metres long, and access from the side is difficult due to neighbours trees.

I am trying to think of something at least three metres long, about 25mm o.d. and sufficiently rigid to push to and fro. What might do? I think drain rods would be too small to fit the broom head.

Sponsored Links
Chimney sweeps brushes screw directly onto drain rods......and you can get soft or stiff bristles that you can tailor to shape with scissors.
John :)

Wolf Garten make a 4 metre pole for about £35... you can use it with all kinds of attachments including a House Broom for £19, a pruning saw for next door's tree and an apple picker!

It's a little cheaper than the window cleaning pole brush but it's 2m shorter. Darlac do a similar system and I think Gardena do too.

Sponsored Links
looks like a very reasonable price, thanks.

Have you got one? Do you think a broom head would fit?

I find I need at least a soft-bristled brush to shift the dirt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back