Circulating pumps for hot water system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a Fortic F3 Combination cyclinder for our hot water, that runs overnight on economy 7. It is located in a cupboard in the master bedroom.

However, the hot water pressure in the bathroom (on the same floor as the cylinder) is poor and it takes forever to fill the bath.

So, I'm wondering whether it would be a good idea to fit a circulating pump to increase the flow. The cylinder sits about 3ft off the floor in the cupboard and a good length of the hot water pipe coming out of it is easily accessible for installing such a device.

However, given the cylinder is in the master bedroom, we don't want it to be too noisy. So, questions are:

1. Can anyone recommend a really good quiet pump make/model?
2. If the pump is switched off, will the hot water still run unimpeded through it, i.e: at normal flow rate? I ask because one way to deal with noise is to put the pump on a timer so it only has power up until say 10pm, thereafter the pump is off and hot water can be still be used but at normal flow rate.

TIA

Sponsored Links
What happens when the pump sucks the water out faster than the very small cold water store can be replaced by the ball valve???? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back