Halstead Ace High poss Auto air vent fault? Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above boiler and everything seems to work fine with CH and DHW. Issue is after running a bath or long shower the boiler starts to "spit" near the top of unit, I am not a gas engineer so not even attempting that area of the boiler. Was hoping someone may have experienced this and can give me some advice to tell my gas engineer. He has recently replaced the temp sensors, this improved the noise but not stopped it.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
First of all, its a little cheeky to tell a fitter what he should be looking at, im sure he's capable himself, as sometimes its a game of discounting things to get to the real issue.

And.... without having to buy and fit every part possible to remedy the fault....That would be stupid, but some people do! You see it on here, people asking for advice and then listing 5-6 parts that have been fitted but not solved initial problem.$$$$$$$

Has he checked the boiler is'nt overheating.
Also has expansion vessel been checked (that its correct pressure)

You say aav is spitting? It sounds like the boiler its getting rather hot and its releasing from a already problematic auto. air vent. ( These always drip or hiss slightly) Pain in the bum sometimes.

The heat exchanger could be scaled up also, but you would only find out by removing, which is'nt feasable. You could check hot water flow rate at a couple of sinks to get a average flow and then check it against what the boiler should give.

Anyway its easy for me to fire of things to check while sitting behind a pc, but its another to be actually there dealing with the issues.
Hope its gave you a couple of things to go on :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back