New Shaver Socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I have an existing emersion heater, that is being removed soon, for a Combi Boiler in its place. Can I use th existing wireing left from the emersion switch to wire in a shaver socket.

Sponsored Links
terminate the existing emersion circuit on a fused spur with a 3A fuse and run on from there to the shaver position.

Assumption is made that the circuit is via an RCD at the main fuse board.

Easy enough to use a RCD FCU if not already protected but to be frank can't see the point in RCD protection to an isolation transformer I know regulations says it needs it but in real terms it does not do anything but protect cable with a shaver socket.

Sponsored Links
terminate the existing emersion circuit on a fused spur with a 3A fuse and run on from there to the shaver position.

Why quote without comment? The whole idea of quoting is to show who's reply you are answering and also what part of that reply.

I look at the quote and ask why is it quoted? Do you think it's right, or wrong or are you questioning spelling? Or way phrased?

Saying it will need RCD protection is another way of putting it. OK should be immersion but does it matter I would think not.

So come on why have you quoted?????

Why quote without comment? The whole idea of quoting is to show who's reply you are answering and also what part of that reply.

I look at the quote and ask why is it quoted? Do you think it's right, or wrong or are you questioning spelling? Or way phrased?

Saying it will need RCD protection is another way of putting it. OK should be immersion but does it matter I would think not.

So come on why have you quoted?????

Good grief man, he's new and only sent two messages.

Anyone can make a mistake!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back