Replacement Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I had a local glazing company round yesterday to size up to replace the windows, they have given me a brochure on Liniar(?) windows, I wondered if anyone has heard of these or had issues?

Sponsored Links
A good and British make.
In my opinion its one of the best on the market and is the main one I use too.

On a side note though it is all in the fitting! A good window fitted poorly is worse than a rubbish window fitted well. Try to get recommendations and see some of their work if possible.

Thanks Gaz

I'm a bit surprised no one else has come forward!

I'm making my mind up tomorrow, I've got a quote for Eurocell (37?) and HP plastics Liniar, both in grey. In terms of pricing, they are pretty much identical give/take a few pounds - the installer has said he will take the hit if I chose to go with HP Plastics.

I've read that Liniar wasn't very good a few years ago, but has improved since December '14? The installer said the Eurocell pvc quality can have marks in as it's recycled material

I do seem to be the only one on here that uses Liniar. They are a fairly new company as I am too, Both around 8 years old I think. I have never heard or seen any problems with Liniar except for their patio doors are a bit of a pain to get set up running nicely but that is true of several makes.

Before I set up on my old I worked for several window firms for 10 years and have fitted, repaired, made or removed just about every make of window. I went with the ones I thought were the nicest looking.

Liniar is basically Eurocell (put them side by side and you can barely tell the difference). A bunch of the top guys at Eurocell left to start there own company and took all the best ideas with them.
Many other makes of window are 20-30 year old designs that just get tweeked every now and then to keep up with modern regs so they dont have to change £millions worth of machines, Where as Liniar is a modern design.

Most brands now use a high % of recycled PVC and its nothing to worry about. I do find that Liniar PVC is slightly smoother finish so it cleans up easier.

Eurocell is my second favorite make by the way so you cant go wrong here. Try to pick whoever you think is going to do the best job.

Sponsored Links
Gaz - thanks

I can't really tell the difference, the showroom was basically selling eurocell, with a single window showing Liniar, so wasn't sure if they were basing it on commission

I'm aiming to have the back of the house done now, and then early next year to have front of the house done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back