Ideal ICOS HE24 dead

it would if it worked ;)
but it doesnt so either you havent fully diagnosed fault correctly and that on some occasion both board need to be changed as they dont match up or the board is f##ked

And for christs sake dont be using the neighbours ,if you can afford to get one boiler fixed you sure as hell cant afford to fix 2

If it isn't the board, what else could it be?
I was going to test my board in his boiler.

Sponsored Links
it would if it worked ;)
but it doesnt so either you havent fully diagnosed fault correctly and that on some occasion both board need to be changed as they dont match up or the board is f##ked

And for christs sake dont be using the neighbours ,if you can afford to get one boiler fixed you sure as hell cant afford to fix 2

Gets even better, the pcb forms part of the safe operation of a gas appliance, whilst you can effectively do anything in your own home as long as you don't kill anyone, you WILL be breaking the law if you touch your neighbours boiler :rolleyes:

it would if it worked ;)

Gets even better, the pcb forms part of the safe operation of a gas appliance, whilst you can effectively do anything in your own home as long as you don't kill anyone, you WILL be breaking the law if you touch your neighbours boiler :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip. The best one so far.

Sponsored Links
Hawl fannybaws you do know that the connections into the board are not unique and you could have mixed them up.
Also I take it you know how to take an inlet pressure, gas rate and flue gas analysis as well as visually inspect the ionisation probes as these have been changed due to safety alert that all registered installers know about.
Ps the main heat exchanger will be gubbed if it hasnt been serviced in 10 years so good luck.
£400 part on this and a guarantee its gone.

Is the front cover on the boiler the same one that seals the CC ?

£75 for a faulty PCB, just imagine how much a working one would be? ;)

Gazamp wrote
You reckon? He's offered to test it if I send it back.

If you can believe that then you really must be very trusting or gullible
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back