Am I missing something??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was in a house tonight where a new boiler was installed recently on a grant. Not a TRV in sight. Apparently we don't have to fit them anymore. Now I know I'm prone to missing things, and my longing to work in a call centre or a supermarket sometimes clouds my mind.....but when the flip did this change to the regs come out.....if indeed it did.

Sponsored Links
as far as i know , u have to have three forms of control. i;e boiler stat , room stat and trvs.

TRV's must at least be on bedroom rads. Part of the bldg regs Part L. Unless Prescott took them with him.

has any one heard of regs regarding zoning upstairs and downstairs independantly

Sponsored Links
As far as I know minimum requirements are TRV's in the bedroom. There is a programmeable room stat, but these people were told that they didn't need TRV's. This is a big national company (not blue vans) doing this and it ain't the first time I've come across it. They're in and out rough and cheap but they seem to get away with it.

solo said:
As far as I know minimum requirements are TRV's in the bedroom. There is a programmeable room stat, but these people were told that they didn't need TRV's. This is a big national company (not blue vans) doing this and it ain't the first time I've come across it. They're in and out rough and cheap but they seem to get away with it.

I went to a house the other week and came across exactly the same thing.
I think the company is called Warm Front.
The customer was told that fitting trv's would have taken the price above the grant allowance (£2000). So if they wanted them they would have to pay £400 for 6 TRV's.

If only there was some way a householder could fit his own rad valves :rolleyes:

JohnD said:
If only there was some way a householder could fit his own rad valves :rolleyes:

'Scuse me

I'm a householder and I fitted every one of mine

let a CORGI anywhere near my system ?

I don't think so

We have been led to believe that it is Building regs to fit TRV's in the 'sleeping areas'. As I understand it, by following best practice we are guaranteed to comply with the regs, but not all best practice (including the TRV's) is in the regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back