Zanussi Washer/Dryer WJS 1397W Noises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a zanussi washer driver as listed and it makes a load droaning noise when it drys. I've manually spun the drum and the noise doesnt occur, it only ever happens during drying. Also it tends to come on after I've been drying for around 10 mins or so. I feel its about to explode at any minute!!! Does anyone know what the problem is??

Sponsored Links
Without hearing or seeing it I'd guess at the fan motor for the dryer.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

that sounds like a sensible suggestion....how do i go about fixing it or replacing it and where would i find it!!!

I have the same model and replaced the fan unit (but not the fan unit motor) a couple of years ago after the bearings seized. The symptons were a grating / grinding noise during drying, and black debris visible around the fan spindle with the top removed. Unplug your machine and remove the top - the fan is in the back right hand corner when viewed from the front of the machine. The rotor spindle and pully should spin freely. Let me know how you get on - I may be able to help further.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that...i'll have a look this week and post a reply.

ok..i took the lid off last night and there was some indication of black sooty deposits..both on the lid itself and on the fan spindle. Both the spindle and the pulley seemed to operate freely.

After taking the elastic drive belt off the noise was still there. It appeared to be much more central and was def not near the fan or fan motor.

Could it be related to the drum at all...ie bearings?..if that was the case how does the noise only occur 30mins into drying.

I'm a bit confused as to what to do now as I though we had it!!!

mrchatterbox said:
I have the same model and replaced the fan unit (but not the fan unit motor) a couple of years ago after the bearings seized. The symptons were a grating / grinding noise during drying, and black debris visible around the fan spindle with the top removed. Unplug your machine and remove the top - the fan is in the back right hand corner when viewed from the front of the machine. The rotor spindle and pully should spin freely. Let me know how you get on - I may be able to help further.
hi, have have a zanussi wjs 1397 and i notice that you said you replaced the bearings. is this hard to do & what tools will i need ? because i think mine have gone, it makes a rumbling noise when washing & when i put my hand in to turn it, it feels rough & not very smooth like it use to be. it's ok pushing backwords forward no movement then . thanks kev

========================
please note forum rules 17 & 20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back