washing Machine in Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just had a large shed placed outside my utility room and I want to move my wachine machine into it.

This would involve running a cold fill through the outer brick wall, across a 1 foot gap and through into the shed. I have got a quite for a proper plumber to fit pipes etc but it's bl**dy expensive. Can this been done with a fill extension hose (3.5m)as it's a lot cheaper and I can do it myself. I will lag it and probably fit some sort of box around it where it is exposed outside.

The waste pipe is not an issue due to existing drains etc. I just want to know whether I can DIY the pipes/hoses and save some money.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you're going to DIY it you could equally well do it in copper or plastic piping. Have a look in the library for a DIY plumbing book, it's only cutting and making joints, you might be slow but it's not difficult. Your plumber has to make a living and charge you for the time it takes including drilling walls and making good.

If you have concrete floors in house and garage you will find it difficult to bury deep enough to frostproof it, so inclue a stop cock in the house for when it freezes and bursts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back