Indesit W 83 Programme selector keeps turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Indesit W 83 programme selector knob just keeps turning. The water enters ok but the pump removes it. What could be the cause?

Sponsored Links
The light will be flashing a code. Count the flashes between pauses and post the result here.

Sleepyhead said:
The light will be flashing a code. Count the flashes between pauses and post the result here.

Three flashes long pause then three flashes etc.

Sponsored Links
thatman said:
My Indesit .... What could be the cause?
It's a poor design, implemented badly, by an appalling company with attrocious customer service.

I wouldn't have one even if it came with a free Miele.

Softus said:
thatman said:
My Indesit .... What could be the cause?
It's a poor design, implemented badly, by an appalling company with attrocious customer service.

I wouldn't have one even if it came with a free Miele.

Thanks I will not be buying another, but I still need to fix this one.I shall try to find the ntc tomorrow,remove it and replace,hopefully.

Sleepyhead said:
3 flashes indicates a faulty ntc. (heating problem).

Is the ntc a probe about 3 cm long that fits between the two heater elements? I have removed this item with the intension of replacing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back