VOKERA RS 20-80 FLOWMATIC NO HOT WATER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone could give me an indication of what problem is with my boiler???

I have bg engineer coming out on tuesday to have look at it.
Whe run hot water tap it gets to around 60 or 70 degrees then cuts out trying to run bath is ridiculous.
Water runs hot eventually the cuts out and sometimes comes back on but most time takes hours to get hot bath?????

I personally think it has something to do with thermostat but would like better idea of what problem could be before engineer comes out.

Can anyone help???? pleeeessseeeeeeee :p

Sponsored Links
Could be one of a few faults but the usual suspect is the fan venturi needs cleaning.
I'm sure Mr BG will know that anyway. :LOL:

I would have to say there will (almost definately) be a collection of defects due to lack of proper service.

Unless this is carried out, there is a possibility, the boiler can burn out if it is not able to 'see' low or no water pressure.

Quite often lack of proper service also effects hot water performance when moving parts get gummed up over a period of time.

Good boiler worth looking after.

Sponsored Links
Harrowgategas, just about every other house in my area has a Vokera. Flowmatics are thick and plenty on the ground.

While I will never claim to be the best when it comes to fixing the Flowmatic, I am plenty comfortable working with this boiler. Carry parts for this boiler for single call repair.

What I have put in my post is based on work I carry out almost everyday.

So presumptious nothing. If you have something constructive to say, why don't you post it!!!

Many thanks to all who replied to my problem.
Hopefully when the engineer calls today a good service will sort out the problem as i do miss my hot baths!!! lol

It has been overdue a service anyway as they were meant to come out around february.

Again many thanks

Hi got british gas engineer out today and he has managed to get me hot water.
He replaced the pressure differential swithch as was faulty so now have hot water.
Only thing is my pilot light keeps going out now!!!!
Help what causing this????

Is pilot outage taking place during the night, when boiler is used during the day, during HW drawoff/ CH draw off or is there no pattern.

Do you hear the fan running at slow speed?

Are you losing system pressure?

Pressure seems okay and pilot goes out not long after i light it every time unless i put heating onto constant???

Afraid it is a case of having to be in front of the boiler to locate the defect.

Pilot circuit has nothing to do with constant, timed or any other demand.

Many thanks i just kind of hoped i wouldn't need to call engineer out again but looks like i will have to :(
Will let u know how it goes.

Have you worked out when it goes out?

Has the combustion cover been badly refitted?

Is the flue terminal correctly sited and the original manufacturer's?

Tony

Hi there thanks for response.
Gas engineer came out and sorted problem not exactly sure as to what he did as my husband dealt with it all i know is he adjusted the burner.
Hot water now running no probs everytime u turn tap and pilot no longer going out. :p
Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adjusted what burner?

If the pilot burner has been adjusted to be a flame thrower, then heaven help the thermocouple.

If the main burner has been adjusted, fail to see why. Surely this should have been set to 11 mb if the gas valve was replaced in the past. If the boiler was not modulating, then surely that should have been picked up during the "service"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back