Header tank height.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cold feed header tank is mounted on the floor of the attic. It feeds the hot water tank directly below it.

The hot water pressure in the house is not very good. The only time I notice this is when we use a mixer tap on the bath at our childrens bath time. We have a seperate mains feed electric shower in a different room.

My question. What difference would I find if I move the header tank higher up in the attic? I can raise it by about 6 ft. I have no idea what the current water pressure on the hot side is, but I think my cold mains is over 100psi.

I did try to google the question, but could not find an answer.

Thank you in advance.

Mike MS

Sponsored Links
Assuming you have 8ft ceilings you will have around 8ft head at your bath tap currently, which would go to 14ft. It does make a difference, but bear in mind that a small pump would increase the head to 1.5bar, =45 ft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back