cookies /

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after reading other peoples problems on here, [ not on me own then :) ] i seen a part where it says .right click on start/ which i did / .then i clicked on explore and a drop down menu appeared/ ....1 of the things listed on it was..cookies ? so i went into that and have over a 100 ? all double dutch/ ......question is/ are they suppose to be there ?
regards. r.r. ......[ yes me again ]

Sponsored Links
Probably very few of them are "needed."

If you run Adaware it will get rid of some that persist and capture information about you (like "Real" and "doubleclick") and send it back to organisations of an inquisitive and retentive nature.

You can delete all the ones you don't actually know you want (for example, your bank/creditcard/sites you sign into like DIYNOT)

And, if you want to prevent them getting back, you can set your Internet Privacy options to only load cookies with your express permission (if you can be bothered to give/deny permission for each new site the first time you visit it, you will not have to do it again for that site).

thanks for imfo johnd, will follow your advice and get it sorted out.
regards.r.r.

I have C.Cleaner installed and run it every night before closing down. I have it set to delete Cookies. This suits me fine, it is not much trouble to re-enter passwords in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
I do not retain any cookies, I have no problem with web sites, Banks or otherwise.
My web browser allows 'right click' edit of site preferences which over-rides more global settings..
Also has a 'Delete Private Data' single button, customisable to remove 12 separate items which include everything which the browser can save... Cookies, passwords, URLs visited etc
Opera

:cool:

In their own right cookies present no problem at all as long as your security measures are set correctly.

I also block them for 99.9% of the time I am online. Remembering passwords is no problem (I use a finger pad that signs me in...lazy or what)

Loads of good cleaners out there, even the MS installed on XP does the trick and comes with the machine.

Back