The Warm Front Team

Sponsored Links
well do u know the sort of response they offer you?

I have applied for a grant with them. I've been told my tank needs replacing & the floorboards. If it isnt done soon then the tank is going to come through the ceiling, as there is a leak in the tank thats rotted the floorboards & started comin through the ceiling.

Obv its pretty urgent now, if im accepted will they just replace the tank or put a combi system in? We had problems with the heating n water ever since we moved in

Sponsored Links
depends on a number of things,they have a set price/menu we are not allowed to fit combis unless it is a grd flr flat.most of our jobs are complete heats or repairs,all work is done to regs and inspected,most repairs are conversion from oil to gas or solid fuel to oil/gas all new controls,splan,part l,insulation upgrades cws tanks replaced as req all lagged and lidded,biggest prob we have is oil tank location causes major probs with the cust most jobs around the 4k mark jump on the gravy train while you can they are clamping down on who is eligible.

i have been to a few warmfornt/ega scheme instalations around my area. most appear to be ok, however i have come across some where no inhinitor has been added causing core plugs to rot, others where systems hadnt been flushed etc.

went to one, a solo 3 pfl, they had removed old boiler, fitted solo and new controls etc. they were on site for 2 1/2 hours, and the installers told me they had flushed it through. when i replaced the heat ex due to noise, it was FULL of debris....

dont get me wrong, most are ok, but i would do your homework, and make sure you dont get a bodge job done....

Around merseyside they get about 500 quid for a full install.Cant see much flushing happening there.

here in ni all completed jobs have a water sample left for the inspector,not had a bad one yet, one week before it is started fernox restorer is added to the sys and people told to run the heating as long as poss all rads are removed and mains put through both ways pipework flushed hot and cold inhibitor added.we add mb1 inhibitor,two samples are left one without inhib and one with so it can be checked.baxi solo pf3 is the gas boiler we have to use or for oil a worc both are pretty bullet proof unfortunately we will have to start using condensers soon and have chosen the greenstars,for oil it will probably be warmflow.the menu price for a powerflush is 103pounds :rolleyes:

W F T ....warm front team.......called a corgi to look @ my boiler .......he said W T F :eek: is that....was he in a team :?:

I don't know if it's wft but the guys who fit free heating for dissabled and such like do an excellent job in this town. I went to see (inspect on the sly) one working for a customer of mine, they did powerflush the system and at the point I saw the work it was a high standard. Only thing I would have done different would have been boiler choice. Looks like I'll have to skin my knuckles on a not very Ideal to work on boiler sooner or later.

Yes the senior guy said he gets £500 for such a job, which presumably he has to [pay his m8 out of and run his business, van avertising insurance fees etc. Must be on about £3.50 an hour then!

I remember back in the bad days of the nhs when junior doctors did all the work and consultants played golf or did their on call from the airport about to catch a plane, I sat with an sho and worked out his hourly rate, the cleaner was better payed, I was much more wealthy.

No I wouldn't fit for a company that only pays £500 for a ful heating install. If you guys didn't sell yourself so cheap they would have to pay more. What about forming a union among yourselves?

I understand the British Gas independent installers are on about the same rate. Walk away from it boys, let them go short on installers and force the labour price up, they are taking the michael out of you. Don't you know they charge £3,500 for a combi swap these days? Get out and start competing with them stop feeding their greed. They are probably not even a British company any more. All your hard sweat is going to make some foreigner rich.

i am not on a price paid by the hour,have two plumbers and two apprentices,the two plumbers are from a maintenance backround and hopeless at installs but are picking it up very slowly,i do the boilers and clylinders they do the rest,at the moment we are knocking out two a week to a decent standard,have told them to change fluxs from everflux to a less aggressive one,damp cloths. :rolleyes: .

Interesting about maint. background.....I started on installs and then went to maint.....did sub to BG way back when it was British :rolleyes: 1 system a week was all I ever managed :oops: (because I always do a proper job) but pro-rata it was about the same £££..........that`s all you get here in Sussex........it`s the Hidden Poverty County :evil:

Yes it's actually vey strange my sister is in Brighton, I am amaised at how dowdy the old transit plumbers van's are there, whereas here in Scarborough the guys have got their new vans all dolled up with fancy writing like Christmas Trees.

I am so good at reversing into the ocrner of skips and taking the rear quater out of cars when pulling away that my van is so battle worn I daren't sign it as don't want my name associated with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back