help! had potterton boiler fixed and now it's..........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Can anybody help me, I have had a Potterton boiler fixed by Heat Team and it seams to be buzzing when it fires up.Yes guess what they replaced the PCB!

The thermostat does not seem to keep the boiler on for long after it has clicked on. Sometimes it only gets the house warm when you turn the stat up over 25C and then the house is so hot we have to open windows.
Also it's hot to the touch and it never used to be.

I am not sure but a plumber told me that the fan might be slow running which is causing the boiler housing to get too hot.

Thanks,

Pottertonlockout73

Sponsored Links
Hi ,I had a simular fault in my new house.The boiler come on for about 10 mins then switched off.I called in a gas fitter,he checked the boiler,then went up in the loft,come down 2 mins later and said" that's the problem fixed,no water in the exspansion tank.The previous owners turned the valve off.It works fine now.

Sponsored Links
laughing-smiley-014.gif
laughing-smiley-014.gif
laughing-smiley-014.gif

baxpoti said:
Get a new room-stat while your at it

Thanks I will have to call Heat Team in again by the looks of it.

Should just about get the thing running right in time for a hot summer!

Pottertonlockout73 :confused:

rommy said:
Hi ,I had a simular fault in my new house.The boiler come on for about 10 mins then switched off.I called in a gas fitter,he checked the boiler,then went up in the loft,come down 2 mins later and said" that's the problem fixed,no water in the exspansion tank.The previous owners turned the valve off.It works fine now.

Thanks will nip in loft and check the tank.

Pottertlockout73.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back