Landis & Gyr RWB 270 Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what the battery type in one of these is ? The battery in it has no external markings, and L&G claim to have never heard of one of these and tell me to contact Siemens, who tell me that they have never heard of one of these.

Only reference I can find on Google is for a drop-in replacement for the whole module, but that seems a bit extreme for what I presume is a knackered rechargeable battery.

(Incidentally, I'm guessing it is the battery as the clock goes back to 12.00 and I lose all programming whenever I have a power cut (which is about twice a week in these turbulent times) - Please let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree)

Sponsored Links
Yep that's what they do when the battery goes flat.
If it's a "coin" type it'll probably be mercury or lithium sort, but not rechargeable. If you measure the voltage with a digital meter it'll probably give either about 1 volt or 2 volts(ie formerly 1 point something or 3 volts nominal), so you could replace it with anything that fits, of the same voltage.

Thanks for the answer.

Its actually bigger than a coin battery - Similar to one of the small chocolate barrels of rum you used to get in selection packs (or two of them, made into a whole barrel, if you get my drift). And wrapped in blue plastic.

Most regrettably, chocolate barrels of rum are outwith my sheltered experience. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Try rswww.com to look for a match.

Sponsored Links
Someone at Siemens has come up with the goods. Apparently its a 2/V60R and they're going to send me one. For nothing. Sweeeeet !!

Hurrah for good old fashioned customer service.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back