Bathroom pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing an additional bathroom. My wife is keen to have the whole bathroom as a high pressure system. How easy is it to install the pump? (I've done 3 low pressure bathrooms previously). Where should it go in the system? Although hot and cold pipework are in this part of the house the cylinder and cold water tank are much closer to the other bathroom and getting back to them is very difficult. Does this cause a problem?

Sponsored Links
diykeen said:
I am installing an additional bathroom. My wife is keen to have the whole bathroom as a high pressure system. How easy is it to install the pump? (I've done 3 low pressure bathrooms previously). Where should it go in the system?
Between the source of water and the bathroom.

Although hot and cold pipework are in this part of the house the cylinder and cold water tank are much closer to the other bathroom and getting back to them is very difficult. Does this cause a problem?
Not really, because you'll almost certainly find that the pump manufacturer stipulates that you create a dedicated cold outlet from the cold storage cistern. This ought to make things easier for you, since you can simply run across the loft to the new bathroom.

Personally I'd take the hot supply from near the cylinder, heading down in accordance with pump MIs, then up into the loft and across to the bathroom.

You can then place the pump in the loft, above the new bathroom. However, because the head of water will then end being very small, you'll probably have to buy pump that will work with a negative head. These are readily available, although they're more expensive than the corresponding positive head models.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. The new bathroom is in an extension to the original house and the lofts are totally separate with a valley gutter in between them. I am exploring if I can link between the 2 lofts!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back