Ignis oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

got an ignis electric oven - the sort that slots into a cabinet.
AKL828WH single fan oven - only a few years old

for some reason the oven has stopped working but it shares an element with the grill - as its all one compartment.
The grill is working fine - so I think the element is ok but on switching the oven on - the fan starts - the light comes on but no heat

any ideas - as I have pulled it out and cant see anything that looks out of place

cheers

Gibby

Sponsored Links
When you say "the fan starts". Is this fan on the rear wall of the oven?

no

there are 2 fans - one mounted on the top of the oven which starts as soon as I switch anything on

the back fan is not doing anything, Im dont actually remember it ever starting at all.

thanks

G

Without bringing up the parts diagram (need the 12 digit number for that), I reckon the top element is a dual element, outer and inner. 1 being for the grill the other being for the convection oven. Meter the element and see if part of it has gone open circuit.
There should also be a setting on your controls to make the fan at the back of the oven cavity work, it too has an element and is quicker and better for heating up.
The top fan is a cooling fan for the controls.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply

the element looks like its just one part, Im trying to get a meter as my old one has gone.

Nothing I can do makes the back fan move, but not sure if that is part of the problem.

I have got some numbers off the unit

&

both are on a sticker at the side of the door

thanks

G

I assume you have got it switched to manual.
It is not unheard of for wires to get hot & break at the termination.
Ensure you switch off at mains prior to removing panels etc.

yes I switch off & unplug everything
got quite a few nasty shocks years ago when I worked with audio gear for a living.

I did take off all the panels and couldnt find any broken wires, as that was the first thing I was looking for.

as for the manual thing - Im not sure what you mean
there are only 2 dials on the unit.

ta

G

I assumed it at an oven timer, obviosly dosnt.
Also the thermostat could be faulty, but they usualy go to make the oven stay on.

no timer

one dial - switches the pwer/light on and looks as though it should start the fan - which seems dead

the other dial is the temp and switches between the oven and grill

thats it

ta

G

I've had a look at the parts diagram. It's definitely a fan assisted oven with a grill. The top element is the grill only. The rear circular element is the oven. If the fans not running it's either stuck or knackered. Either way fair chance the element has burned out too.
One of the switches looks to be a 5 position switch. 0=off, 1=Light, 2=fan & possibly low heat from grill for defrosting, 3= fan and circular element, 4=grill
You'll have to get the megger out and start checking the state of the circular element and the fan motor.
Other than that time to get an engineer in to look see.

many thanks for that

found it & yes the fan was not working
but it is now

any idea where I can get the spare parts from?
somewhere online would be great

many thanks for your help

G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back