worcester 24cdi combi

asp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
all go in my house..2nd post tonight!!
i have 24cdi combi & over the last yearhad intermittent fault with slow flash on pcb onheating or hot water demand.when reset worksok,.it could last days/week without faulting then fail at every almost every demand the next day.changed gas valve approx 6month ago as method of elimination ,but no joy.i have had the pcb out changed the relays & checked & soldered any suspect components..is there any common fault on this model?..

:D :?:

Sponsored Links
poss blocked secondary heat exchanger.
due rads being added to system and installer didnt flush or inhibit it. :LOL:

Ok then you state the boiler is going into overheat. Have you confirmed this with the error code lights in the manual or just a guess?

if it is overheating on how water demand try and identify the flow and return pipes entering the dhw heat exchanger carefully touch them, better still use a thermometer, one pipe will get very hot the other will be coolish.

Sponsored Links
Who changed the gas valve and was it set up for the correct min/max gas pressures?????

Tony

the led flashes slowly,i dont know if this indicates overheating,but the flow chart suggests gas valve or pcb.as i say somedays works fine all day
the thing is when i strip the boiler down & draw hot water it works fine ..sods law & all that...it also does the same on ch demand ,although with summer ot had heating in for a while.
one of my mates is gas fitter & corgi registered fitted gas valve ,so i have to assume min max pressures were set correctly. he said with the intermittent nature of the fault its metod of elimination which if i change the pcb is costly
100 for the gas valve & 150 for pcb
i could get new 24 cdi for just over 500
any more advice greatly appreciated

always the one above the radiator sign,(slow flash) even when drawing hot water.once reset works fine

typical ..working perfect at the moment...trying continuosly not failin, but it goes like this sometimes,
anyone any further ideas?

I still have not understood why the gas valve was changed. Do you know why and what difference was there after it was changed?

When fitting a gas valve its very important to set it up properly. Your friend is apparently CORGI registered for his employment but he is NOT registered ( or insured ) for doing jobs on the side!

My first suspect is that the minimum gas rate is not correctly set on the valve. I would check that first before anything else.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back