why the big difference in price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive just fitted a halstead ace boiler condensing boiler, i also fit a plume diverter 135 degrees angle which fits on the flue gas terminal point.The part was a halstead make, the part cost me thirty two pounds . I was in a plumbing shop before this and a plumber bought the exact same part with a potterton part no it was over 90 pounds.So why the difference neither halstead or potterton could tell me why the high price difference

Sponsored Links
Of course they won't tell you, they would have to be honest and tell you how they like to rip off customers charging £90 for a £5.00 bit of plastic.

Imagine how you would feel sitting at the support team desk battleing with your conscience and trying to justify the extortionate cost your employer is charging.

Much easier to not give a reason.

Seen the ridiculous adverts by some manufacturerers bragging about the extended flue lenghts their boilers can have. The flue will cost more than the boiler.

The same bit for a Glowworm IS only a few quid iirc!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back