Ch Upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having my back boiler removed and a condensing combi fitted. I understand that under new regs it is mandatory to fit a room thermostat to combi. My problem is that i dont want to rip up floor boards etc to route the wiring to the current thermostat. Would it be ok to fit one of those wireless thermostats like danfoss sell?

I will be removing the current system myself once the gas is disconnected. There is quite a lot of sludge in the system. What is the best way to clean this out before the boiler is fitted(system is currently indirect primatic).

Sponsored Links
Stuff on Flushing can be found in FAQ section, or Kamco site, or Fernox.
System condition is the responsibility of the boiler installer, so if using someone else talk to him first.

The wireless jobbies are fine - look at programmable thermostats, which will save having to buy a timer for the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back