pump not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just come back from holiday to find that, when i switched the central heating/ hot water back on, that my power shower doesn't work. It has next to no pressure and i can't hear the pump actually firing up. I usually have to place the shower head in the bath to prime the tank and then once the pump makes a higher pitched sound then it is fully primed. Now it just dribbles hot water without any noise.
As i have just moved into this house 4 months ago i don't know how or when it was installed.
Any ideas on how to fix this? :cry:
cheers

Sponsored Links
You haven't got enough head of water to push the air out of the pipe and create a flow to turn the pump on. (Should have been a Negative Head pump really). While you've been away the air has settled.

I'd use an aquavac to suck the water through the hose and pipes, but if I was feeling lazy I'd remove the shower head and suck on the hose!

thanks for the tip. I have tried to suck the air our myself. Not the nicest experience for a monday morning, but i dont know where to get a suction pump from. How long do i do this for?? It doesnt seem to be working yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back