Installing gas cooker NOT connected to gas line?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm very interested in installing a gas cooker in my kitchen, as the one at present is a disgtusting old electric thing that barely produces enough heat to brown an onion and takes aeons to heat up/cool down. I don't have a gas line in my kitchen however, and as I'm moving out in under a year it seems silly to route it that way.

A friend has a house in the countryside with a huge aga-type beast that is powered off large gas canisters stored outside. I'd only bee looking to power a modest 4 hob cooker and oven. As my budget is very low, I'd probably buy one from a junk shop then get a CORGI engineer to route it to the canisters safely.

Question is, can I do this to any old gas cooker, or does it have to be a certain type? Could I in fact do it myself (after all, one doesn't need a corgi engineer to fit a canister to a free standing gas heater)?

Thanks so much for any help.

Jack.

Sponsored Links
Your questions would be better directed to the CORGI engineer who you intend to call out.

Sponsored Links
p.s. many gas cookers bought in the last 20 years or so come with spare jets for use with lpg. If you buy a second-hand one they're sure to have been lost but the person who does the installation for you will probably know how to get them (perhaps unless you get an unusual brand.)

There are rules relating to run of pipes, position of cylinders etc which I don't know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back